Since Remy was a newborn I have been obsessed with baby wearing! I’ve had the chance to try lots of different brands and types of carriers, and these are the ones I reach for over and over again. I like different carriers for different activities and below I’m breaking down why I love each one. I do think it’s a personal preference and recommend trying several types of carriers/slings before purchasing if you are able.
If you are a baby-wearing mama, which carrier is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!
- Solly Baby Wrap – These are my favorite to wear around the house tp keep Remy close and snuggly. They are made from the softest, stretchy knit material. Remy loved napping in these when he was tiny and is still so comfortable in it. They are easy to wash and fold up easily to throw in the diaper bag. The only downside to wraps is you can’t front carry (legs facing out.) Solly Wraps can be used up to 25 pounds. Use code PREMO10 for 10% off.
- Baby Bjorn Carrier One – If I had to choose one carrier that does it all and can be used for everything, it’s this one. You can carry facing in, facing out and on your back. It can be used from 8-33 pounds. It has a sturdy waist belt and feels supportive for long walks. Cameron also likes this one because it supports his back.
- Kyte Ring Sling – For me, there was a learning curve with ring slings. The Kyte was most comfortable for me and Remy because the material already felt “broken in” and not as stiff compared to other brands. Slings are a little easier to get baby comfortable in while on-the-go than wraps in my opinion.
- Artipoppe Zeitgeist – I LOVE this carrier and they have the best selection of fashionable prints. This is definitely for the mama who loves luxury. It is both effortless and sophisticated. However it is quite the splurge. For the price, I wish it had multiple carry options. I actually found mine brand new for a discounted price on Poshmark and recommend checking there! It is designed to use from newborn-2 years.
- Mini Meis Shoulder Carrier – This one is a bit different than others, and has been Cameron’s favorite for taking Remy on adventures! It is a shoulder carrier developed by Scandinavian dads can be used from 6 months to 5 years old. Remy loves looking around and going on hikes with this one. It is foldable (like a laptop) and is the first of its kind because it gives kids a bird’s eye view.