Life after coming home from the hospital with our new addition is a whole other experience. While Hunter is recovering, we’re all adjusting to being a family of 4. As a dad, I’m here to support mom as much as possible. Acts of service have always been my love language. It’s important to offer Hunter all the time and space to ease into postpartum life. Below are 5 ways dads can support moms postpartum:
5 WAYS DAD CAN SUPPORT MOM POSTPARTUM:
- Make sure she has her nightly essentials. (Water, pumps, night light) We recommend the Haakaa pump and the Tap Night Light for nursing.
- Tidy the house during nap time for minimum stress
- Keep her favorite snacks on hand (bonus if they support lactation)
- Prioritize 1 on 1 time with your little one so mom can have a moment alone to read a book, take a shower or simply just be.
- Ask how she’s doing and keep her spirits high. Be her support system through the good and the bad. Prioritize her mental health.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment