BELL SLEEVE FLORAL ROMPER + TIPS FOR WORKING WITH YOUR SPOUSE
Lately I've been getting a lot of questions about the dynamic of Cameron and I working together. For those who don't know, Cameron takes all of the photos for my blog and also helps with web design, accounting and pretty much everything in-between. We were recently shooting with some friends and they pointed out how well we work together, and I thought it would be fun to share my best advice about working with your spouse/significant other. Working together is definitely not meant for every couple, but we enjoy every minute of it and wouldn't have it any other way!
- Designate Tasks - Cameron and I have completely different skill sets. I work better on the organization side: I do all of the brand outreach and communication, keeping our calendars organized and staying on top of our daily to-do lists. Cameron is great with all of the creative aspects from graphic design to photography to video editing. (He just did a post on photography tips and camera equipment here.) Having specific tasks helps us stay organized.
- Communicate - I can't stress this one enough! Be up front about your expectations with one another. We used to just go out and shoot content with no clear goals in mind. Ever since we started having clearer expectations, we've been able to generate better and more creative content and make working together even more enjoyable.
- Set Designated Work Hours - This is probably the one we struggle with the most, but we're working on it! Because we work from home, it can be difficult to know when to "shut off." Lately we've been aiming to only work during certain hours to ensure that we still get some quality time together without thinking about work or what campaign is up next.
- Have Patience - It has taken us a LONG time to get a good work flow going, and we used to get really frustrated with one another. We are best friends and generally get along really well, but of course we disagree sometimes. Now, we are more patient with each other and really take the time to listen and talk over things instead of getting mad. It's important be open to the other person's ideas, but it's also okay to not agree on every little thing.
- Have Fun! - We've learned to have more fun with it and not take things so seriously all the time. It's such a privilege to be able to chase our dreams and spend so much time together, and we're really thankful for this community that allows us to do so.
Okay now onto the outfit. This romper has SPRING written all over it. Best part? It's under $20. These block-heel platforms have quickly become my go-to shoes to elevate any outfit. Y'all know I love my ABLE products, and this leather handbag is no exception. I especially love the gorgeous gold hardware and how it can be worn as a crossbody or a clutch.