Hi friends! I am so exited to share our next post in the #HunterBrookeStyled series. As I mentioned last month's post, my friend Brooke Webb and I will be styling similar items and showing you different ways to rock them in your 20's and 30's.
Since Brooke has been traveling a lot with her family this summer and I'm heading to Hawaii at the end of the month, we wanted to focus on simplifying your vacation style. We've all been there... You pack a million different "dressy" items for a beach vacation and they all come home untouched. If you're anything like me, you always end up wearing the more comfortable items. No one wants to get too dressed up after a day by the beach or the pool! Oftentimes you don't even have time for more than a quick refresh.
This is why we're encouraging you to pack versatile items that can take you from a day by the pool to a night on the town. This bell sleeve coverup by Sundress is the perfect cover-up for a strapless swimsuit. It is lightweight, breezy and oh so stylish. Above you can see how we styled our cover-ups, well, as cover-ups! Simply throw it on over your favorite swimsuit, grab a beach hat and some comfortable sandals and you're good to do. I never hit the pool or beach without my round straw tote.
Below you'll see how a few simple accessory tweaks can totally elevate your favorite cover-ups. I added my favorite Kristalize statement earrings and a dressier pair of espadrilles. I traded out my straw beach bag for a bamboo crossbody. Brooke did the same with her fun Gianni Bini tassel cover-up.
What trends/items/accessories would you like to see us style next? Leave your suggestions in the comments below. Be sure to check out Brooke's blog here and Instagram here. Below I'm also sharing a few of my packing tips for over-packers like me. :)
VACATION PACKING TIPS
Now I'm not going to sit here and tell you to plan out every single outfit for your upcoming vacation, because I honestly don't think I could ever do that. I personally love having options while I'm getting ready on vacation and am a self-proclamied #overpacker. So if you are a minimalist and don't bring a lot of extra stuff on vacation, more power to you but this is probably not your ideal packing guide. Maybe one day I'll join you on the other side but for now I like my options. ;)
- BRING A BAG FOR DIRTY CLOTHES. This may seem obvious, but I just recently started doing this and it has been a game-changer. I personally have been carrying a canvas bag and love how easily it folds up and doesn't take up too much space. Keeping your dirty clothes separate makes a huge difference when you come home and start your post-vacay laundry.
- PACK YOUR CLOTHES AROUND YOUR HATS. Many people will tell you to wear your hat on the plane, but this hat lover always has at least three hats on any given trip. Call me crazy but they're one of my favorite ways to accessorize (and stylishly hide a bad hair day.)
- LAY IT OUT + TRY IT ON. I never pack anything without trying it on first. It's the only way I truly know what I'll need for each outfit. For example, I might forget I need a nude bralette under a certain dress or top if I don't try it on.
- UTILIZE THE SPACE IN YOUR SHOES. I always pack a lot of shoe options on trips. Since that will never change, I've learned to utilize the space in them. I always pack my socks in my shoes so they don't take up valuable space elsewhere.
- PACK YOUR NICER THINGS ON HANGERS. I know this sounds crazy, but don't knock it 'til you try it. It makes it so much easier to see what you have when it's hanging in a closet. I started doing this before our Charleston trip and I'll never go back! Plus if you don't end up wearing something, you can just hang it right back in your closet when you return home.
- KEEP YOUR ITINERARY IN MIND. I always like to write down the events or activities we have planned so I can be sure I have the right options.
- PACK ONLY YOUR BEAUTY ESSENTIALS. If you haven't used that bold lip color or rocked that winged eyeliner at home, chances are you aren't going to start on vacation. Pack only your tried-and-true beauty products that you know you'll use on a daily basis.
- UTILIZE THE EXTRA SPACE IN YOUR HUSBAND/SIGNIFICANT OTHER'S SUITCASE. Yep.... I'm dead serious on this one friends. Cameron never fills up his suitcase so I'm always throwing last minute items in there like blowdryers, shoes, makeup bags and more. Your husband might hate me but you'll thank me later on this one. ;)